このブログを検索 (Search)

2024年4月19日金曜日

This life is so strange, too strange…

My mind controls this life. All of our minds do. The ups and downs are mostly driven by the ego.


In order to gain some semblance of “control” over the mind, then, what to do?


One must observe one’s own mind, the way that it functions, the way it sabotages itself. 


In other words, one uses the mind (or some “thing” beyond the mind that resembles what one thinks of as “the/my mind”) to observe the mind/itself. 


In psychological terms, I suppose, one could state this as “One observes the ego (and also, perhaps, along with it, the id?) with the superego.” 


But actually, in fact, the very term “superego” is antithetical to the approach I have been taking, one that is more influenced by Eastern ideas than by Western Psychology (Freud, Adler, etc.), which is much closer to something like “the observer observes itself” or “one recognizes that the ego, the self, itself, is an illusion, and that the Self is neither the mind nor the ego, but something much greater than both.”


Does this make any sense to anyone but me?


Probably not. But…it doesn’t really matter, ultimately.


And this, itself, is perhaps all that does really matter!


And yet, here I am writing this all down for others to read (or, conversely, to ignore or misunderstand).


Is it any wonder I am always alone?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿